Degree Completion Plan
Step 1: Open Your Academic Requirements
Go to Towson Online Services, click on Self Service, and then Student Center. On the left hand side, next to your
schedule, select Academic Requirements from the drop-down menu.
Step 2: Write Down All Non-Completed Courses
Using your Academic Requirements, write down all required and Gen Ed/University Core
courses that you have not completed.
Step 3: Check Your Prerequisites
Using the CBE Prerequisite Checking Guide (PDF) write down the prerequisites for the courses you have not completed. Check to see
if you have completed the prerequisites; if so, cross them off. If not, this will
aid you in deciding which courses need to be completed first.
Step 4: Create a Degree Completion Plan
Using the spreadsheet below, create a degree completion plan with the courses you
need to complete in order to graduate. Keep in mind your prerequisites.
- Select the spreadsheet below to open it in Microsoft Excel or save it to your computer.
- After the speadsheet is open in Excel, input the total earned units up to today.
- Input the number of units you are currently enrolled in.
- Fill in the remaining schedule by term. Use the CBE Course Offerings By Term (PDF) guide to see when courses are offered.
- Make sure you have a minimum of 120 credits.
Step 5: Email Degree Completion Plan to Adviser
- Save the file as "LastName_FirstName_TUID#.xls (example: Doe_John_123456).
- Email the file to your adviser as an attachment.