Panama Program - Admission Requirements
Applying to Towson University
Students may apply to Towson University through QLU’s online application prior to
the start of their freshman year. You must request a copy of all official transcripts
to be sent to Towson before the beginning of the fall semester of your second year.
No students will be enrolled in Towson courses unless the Office of Admissions at
Towson has received all the necessary documents (receipt of application and official
transcripts) by the deadline. Students can go online to request that the transcripts
be sent directly to the following address:
Kristen M. Brown
C/O Panama Program
YR, 217D Admissions Office
8000 York Road, Towson, MD 21252
Applying to the BUAD Major
Requirements for admission to the business administration major with a concentration
in management are as follows:
- 2.00 GPA or higher in all completed coursework
- Grade of a “C” or higher in all lower-level required BUAD prerequisites
- 2.70 GPA or higher in the eight lower-level courses below:
- ACCT 201- Accounting Principles I (3)
- ECON 201- Microeconomics (3)
- ECON 202- Macroeconomics (3)
- EBTM 250 Problem Solving in Business I (1)
- EBTM 251 Problem Solving in Business II (1)
- LEGL 225- Legal Environments of Business (3)
- ECON 205 Statistics for Business & Industry (3 units)
- MATH 180- Elements of Calculus or MATH 205- Calculus I (3)- Louisville
- A copy of all official transcripts sent to Towson University prior to the last semester
of the second year.
- Our repeat policy is that you may only repeat no more than TWO courses in the eight
lower level courses listed above, of which no more than one course may be repeated
twice prior to admission to the major.
Students will be emailed an admission status update a few times during the year, to
apprise them of their eligibility for admission to the major. Pre-business students
are placed into one of the following categories:
- Accepted- student is now a business administration major and may register for upper-level
- Pending- student is currently enrolled in lower-level requirements and has at least
a 2.7 GPA. The student may register for select upper-level courses.
- Ineligible- student has not completed all of the requirements for the admission to
the major. Student needs to increase BUAD GPA (by repeating Lower-Level CBE course),
increase TU GPA or enroll in enrolled in the required lower-level CBE requirements.