Computer Proficiency Exam
Students intending to major in accounting, business administration, e-business, or
any combined majors within the College of Business and Economics are required to pass
the CBE Computer Proficiency Exam with a grade of at least 70 percent to be admitted
to those majors. The exam covers Microsoft Office 2013 software programs Excel, PowerPoint
Taking the Computer Proficiency Exam (CPE)
If you purchased the CPE package before Feb. 24, please contact
email@example.com for registration directions.
Step 1: Register and Enroll in a New Course
- Go to http://pearsonmylabandmastering.com. Under Register, select Student.
- Click Register Now.
- Enter ONE of the following course IDs based on which option you want to purchase and
Option 1: MyITLab Test Out
Course ID: mccomas44126
Includes unlimited attempts at the practice exam and two attempts at the exam
Option 2: MyITLab Test Out & Training
Course ID: mccomas70485
Includes unlimited attempts at the practice exam, two attempts at the exam, tutorials,
activities, quizzes and other student resources
- After verifying your course information, enter your username and password and click
Sign in. If you don’t have a Pearson account, click Create an Account and follow the
onscreen instructions. Look for helpful hints to guide you.
- Once you sign in, on the Register page, select Purchase Access Online.
- Under Use a Credit Card or PayPal, click the button for the access level you want.
The button shows the subtotal for your order.
- Select whether you want to pay with a credit card or use PayPal, then enter payment
- Click Review to review your order details. If you need to change anything, click Change.
Click Cancel if you decide not to complete your purchase.
- Click Make Payment to submit your order.
- Click Go to Your Course to access your course.
Step 2: Take the Exam
- Under the Course Materials tab, select Computer Proficiency Exam.
- You will see a section for Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Each section is timed (one
hour for Excel, 30 minutes for Word and 30 minutes for Power Point). You are allowed
two attempts per question. You will not be graded until all three sections are completed.
Your final grade is based on the results of all three sections and is calculated in
the grade book.
- Your desktop applications and web browsers will be blocked from use during the test.
- The test package gives you two attempts to pass the exam. If you fail to pass the
exam after two attempts, then you must purchase the exam package again.
- Exam results are posted in Towson Online Services/PeopleSoft every Monday.
- Students who choose to take the CPE on campus may do so in the CBE Open Lab, Stephens
Hall, room 208.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-704-4753.